Android Desktop Remote Control
Installation, setup and configuration
- Download the Android Remote Desktop Controller directly to your phone or table using the Android Market.
- Download and install the .NET 4.0 framework from Microsoft if you do not already have it.
- Download the desktop application and extract it.
**** Software needs write access to the saved directory so it can save settings between launches ****
- Double click on the Android-desktop-Remote.exe. You should get a promtp indicating the Windows has blocked access. You will need to allow access for the software to communicate with your Android device.
- Start the Android App on your tablet or phone. You should now see it appear inside the "Allow or Block" window.
- Click on the "Blocked" button (which should change to "Allowed") to allow this client to control the server.
- The next screen gives you the ability to add quick launch icons to the Android device. You will need to drag-n-drop items you wish to send to the Android App. I.E. Drag VLC into the window and drop it to have VLC's icon sent to the phone or tablet for quick launching.
- These options are available by right clicking on the Android icon inside the system tray next to your system clock.
- Verify you can connect with the phone or tablet you allowed access above. Installation and information for the Android application may be found here.
- Frequently asked questions may be found here. or email email@example.com